View Single Post
Farling

Old July 9th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
@ray57913: That would be really useful. If had a blank format for creating the CSV files, it would be so much easier. Several categories are rigidly structured so this could work.

I've been working on importing 300+ gods into HeroLab. I identified the format and have created an Excel sheet that I enter the names, domains, descriptions, etc and then a second sheet that merges all of those fields with the necessary field information.

I haven't carved out the time to do this for RealmWorks but it would be very cool if something like this was available for standardized categories like deities, NPCs, creatures, spells and feats. Copy/paste the info and let your favorite spreadsheet format it using concatenation.
This sounds like a simple import of separate CSV files using csv2rw.

One CSV file for each domain or other mechanic articles, and one CSV for the deities.

You can freely map the named columns from your CSV file(s) into the corresponding fields in the actual topic/article format(s). There's no need to get a CSV list of column titles out of the tool first.
Farling is offline   #82 Reply With Quote