View Single Post
TobyFox2002

Old January 26th, 2020, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doskious View Post
Howdy folks! I've encountered a bug; for the Dragonlance Wizard of High Sorcery PrC, there's a pre-req that's supposed to be checking for the ability to cast 2nd-level Arcane spells that's written like this:

Code:
@valid = 1

if (tagis[Hero.PrepArc] <> 0) then
  if (#cancastarcane[] >= 2) then
     @valid = 0
   endif
  endif
And I'm pretty sure the truth-values should be inverted, like this:

Code:
@valid = 0

if (tagis[Hero.PrepArc] <> 0) then
  if (#cancastarcane[] >= 2) then
     @valid = 1
   endif
  endif

As far as the whole Git-thing...

Git, and GitHub, and the whole application of branching Version Control is confusing and frustrating and fraught, especially in a Windows-OS-based development environment, which is (for the most part) implied for HeroLab stuff.

That said, I write software for a living, and I couldn't do my job without it. I'm reasonably familiar with it, and I'd be happy to try to explain stuff if there's interest...
I think you are correct, although the wizards of high sorcery as a class were rather clumsily written in the original source. Part of the class made it seem like it could be applied to ALL arcane spellcasters, but yet there were class features that were exclusively designed for the WIZARD and the specialized school mechanic.

At one point I had intended of reworking the class into an ARCHETYPE, to resolve this issue, but I never go around to it. Interestingly, I also had this problem when coding the RED WIZARD of THEY which tbh is a very similar class. Designed for Uber-Specialization to the extreme exclusion to all other things.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #230 Reply With Quote