View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 15th, 2007, 03:32 AM
At 08:24 PM 3/4/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Rob: I haven't had a response from you to the PM I sent you about this:

>Subject: L5R card database Received: Feb 20, 2007 - 09:34 AM Perhaps I could help with the L5R card database.
>
>I run websune, which I believe you guys used for your initial L5R import (Ed Bolme contacted me at the time).
>
>Since I've been parsing the latest sets, I have the data and can dump it out into whatever form you need for your scripts.
>
>What I'd want for the work is a link to the revised Imperial Auction Block ( http://imperialblock.com), and maybe some occasional plugs from time to time.
>
>Anyway, send me the info on what format you want it in to feed to your scripts.
I use email exclusively for monitoring our forums. Consequently, I only check my PMs about once a month. The last time was mid-February. So that explains why I never got back to you. I hadn't seen this until checking the email queue now.

The original set of data we utilized was the data developed and maintained by Kuni Tetsu. He put together the initial L5R files and shepherded them for quite awhile, then his plate got too full and he handed them off to us. That's when we wrote the converter. The converter works on two separate formats, since the data from Kuni Tetus is different from the format we got from AEG. Then AEG regularly changed the format on us, just to make our lives more interesting.

I'll send you everything that I last sent to Kevin when he volunteered to take over the L5R files. You can take a look at how it's all setup and see what you can do to provide us with comparable data for the missing sets. And if it looks straightforward enough, you can even try running stuff through on your own to see if it all works.

We don't have any links on the main page of our website, but we can absolutely get your site added on the page with other key sites relating to the collectible games.

Look for that email shortly....

-Rob
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote