View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old December 28th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
I'm outlining what we need to do for the Simic abilities. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can point us in the right direction for these.

At level 1, give one choice from these:
  • Manta Glide - text only
  • Nimble Climber - Grant climb speed = walking speed
  • Underwater Adaptation - grant amphibious, grant swim speed = walking speed

At total character level 5, give one choice from these or one of the level 1 choices that wasn't selected:
  • Grappling Appendages (Claws)- grant an unarmed strike with Claws natural weapon using 1d6 bludgeoning + STR mod, effect text stating it can be used to grapple but not for other uses
  • Grappling Appendages (Tentacles)- same as above, replace Claws with Tentacles
  • Carapace - grant +1AC if not wearing heavy armor
  • Acid Spit - grant ability that does 2d10 damage with Dex save against 8+prof+CON mod, increase damage by 1d10 at character level 11 and again at 17. Range 30ft. Add tracker for uses = CON mod (min 1), resets on long rest.
I would suggest maybe looking at maybe doing these like the Dragonborn race does for its ancestry.

If you copy Dragonborn you'll see three fields:
rGiveSpec
rSpecName
rSpecSing

What I would suggest doing for simic is:
1. rGiveSpec is 1 in the race definition
add a script to the base race that says at total levels of 5, add 1 to rGiveSpec

2. rSpecName would be set to Simic Abilities
rSpecSing would be set to Simic Ability

3. Each of the Simic Abilities would be similar to the dragonborn Blue, Red, etc... but you could add a pre-req or expr-req that would throw an error if picked before the appropriate level.

That should work, jut need to make sure the rGiveSpec script happens post-levels (so that levels exist).
dungeonguru is offline   #9 Reply With Quote