View Single Post
CeaDawg

Old March 17th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Ok, I just downloaded 2.4 and opened a portfolio that I'd reported errors on regarding the implant maintenance being required on vehicles/drones, now it has a new glitch. Since opening it now shows 1 or more copies of each active skill that the portfolio has purchased either during creation (1-2 copies each), or after creation (2-3 copies each), and HL dutifully alerts me to the fact that I cannot have these duplicates. In those cases where the skills are associated with the character having the magician quality, the extra skills are flagged as "You can not purchase this skill without having the ability to summon spirits, cast spells, etc." The duplicates appear to be ignoring the quality chosen on the Basics tab, and are directly attached to each skill improvement or purchase via the advances tab. As soon as all entries for a skill or skill group have been deleted in the advancements tab, the error messages and the duplicates disappear, and I'm left with the skills at rank the skills were at when creation was locked. Attributes did not show the increases, on the basics tab, from advances, but did show the effects of those increases on the skills linked to them - higher dice pools & mouse overs showed the increase in the attribute from the advances. I deleted those advances too. End result left me with the unidentified validation error that was left after removing the items that called for the implant maintenance to be added to the vehicles/drones.

Oh, this did not happen with any of the other portfolios that did not have validation errors prior to the installation of 2.4.

Last edited by CeaDawg; March 17th, 2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: more info
CeaDawg is offline   #4 Reply With Quote