View Single Post
Sendric

Old March 14th, 2023, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco963 View Post
OK, I think I've mis-understood you...

I took the updated Core Book Mods file and replaced the one in my system (renamed the original to .bak, just in case). Reloaded my heroes, and added the doneif line to the scripts of one of their specialty armour that I'd made them.

But, I don't think I understand how to apply the Disabled tag. The Disabled condition in the Adjust tab doesn't seem to be it, and I can't see a Disabled available in the Temporary or Permanent adjustments lists...

Also, I'm realizing that, if I've understood you correctly (entirely possible i haven't) such a script would only work if the item had scripts already, like many wondrous items do. But what about simple magic items, like a +1 Plate that would be made through the "New Magic, Custom, or Masterwork armour of size:" button in the hero's Armour tab? Such an item has no script, indeed, doesn't even have it's own seperate entry in the .user files. So, would that tag even work for those types of 'regular' magic items?

Thank you for your time Sendric.
I created a new adjustment called Antimagic Field in the file I sent you. This is what applies the tag. (Sorry...looks like I didn't specify the name of the adjustment in my comment above.)

You are correct in understanding that this tag only functions if a magic item already has a script. Those that don't generally don't do anything and can simply be ignored while in the antimagic field, except:

There is a second script on the adjustment I created that removes the enhancement bonus provided by +1,+2, etc for weapons and armor. If a weapon or armor has a script in addition to the normal bonus enhancements, that will require making a change to the file I sent you.

Let me know if this is the case or if there are other magic items you're having trouble figuring out how to disable.

Last edited by Sendric; March 14th, 2023 at 07:36 AM.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote