View Single Post
Topdecker

Old August 4th, 2017, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
I'm guessing you haven't really looked at the Common Code Examples tread yet. Your answer is the very first code snipped listed. (EDIT: errr... 2nd code snippet, since this is for Knowledge skills).
I've been using the heck out that thread.

However...

perform #resspent[resSkill,-,1,"Latin"]

I don't even know what the name for knowledge(thing_I_know) is - I think that it is domain, but that is just a guess. Anyhow, adding a knowledge skill is easy, but adding the thing_I_know (domain?) isn't too clear to me - and evidently you need to have that set in order to use the code snippet above.

I have the holes in my knowledge that someone with ~12 hours of experience is likely to have. I am not a coder, but I am ok with most scripting languages when I know all of the keywords and names of critical resources.

I think that I got fairly lucky with the setting that I decided to work on. Streets of Bedlam is just complex enough that I am going through about as steep a learning curve as I could endure, but it isn't buried in gear tables and lots of data entry.

You and Caped have been very helpful. With a bit of luck and a lot of perseverance, maybe I'll get SoB off of the wanted list.

Topdecker is offline   #43 Reply With Quote