View Single Post
zarlor

Old May 10th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Paragon: I guess I would really need to see the Tac Console in use in Savage Worlds to get a better feel for using it. Just as an initiative tracker wouldn't be all that helpful for us. One of those visceral things for my group is they definitely love to have cards. I even got a bunch of those little stands people use for putting nametags on for dinner seating that we use for displaying who has what card.

Salcor: I'm assuming you mean building out a race from within the main Hero Lab interface rather than in the Editor? I don't know if that is in the works, but doing it in the Editor is pretty easy. Just create the Race on the Race tab then use the Boostrap button to pull in any Racial Properties you like. You'd have to keep track of their costs but at least once the Race is in you can see it in the standard interface where it will show the total racial cost at the top (normally it should even out to being +2) If you needed to create a Racial Property that would just mean creating it on that tab and setting the appropriate cost on it.

Of course if the Racial Property you want to use isn't already in there as something you can use you'd have to create it. That's fine if it's just some description of something for a race that you wouldn't need to have HL do anything for (say your race has Telepathy but that doesn't boost a skill or modify anything, you just need to know about it) then you're all goo. If it needs to do something with game mechanics then it can get a bit tougher and that's where I suggest looking at other examples, the common code thread and/or asking here in the forum for help with stuff like that.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; May 10th, 2017 at 09:40 AM.
zarlor is offline   #16 Reply With Quote