Thread: Hero.Epic
View Single Post
Nightfox

Old November 29th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
My understanding is that Epic level is determined by a character's CL, which is effectively equal to their overall HD. I don't think LA is factored in, but I could be wrong.
That is one of the common progressions I've seen. The other 2 common progressions according to old forum posts across the web are full ECL and Class levels only (no racial HD or LA).

Apparently the HL total level count macro counts racial HD and LA along with class levels, but does not appear to count templates at all. This presents the problem of templates that add HD such as afflicted were<Pick Your Animal>.

It might be easier to create a radio button section in the hero configuration for selecting Epic Progress (Default-none, Class Only, HD Only, Full ECL), and set the code up for each of these with source tags.

Is there a way to pull a pick based on an index value without using foreach, cause that would simplify the code a lot. Actually, I should probably just ask that in a new thread so if there is an a way, we can find it again later.
Nightfox is offline   #16 Reply With Quote