View Single Post
Taronthir

Old January 29th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Hi Taronthir,

Is the text being put into the annotation just good old plain text, or does it contain some HTML markup (or if importing from Excel does it contain some formatting)?
The annotation field should be plain text. Mostly it's just extra notes explaining more about the numeric field - as an example, the numeric field might be the number of attacks per combat turn for an entry, and the annotation might be that the attacks are 2 punches and a head butt. The annotations were all hand-typed, so the only formatting would be whatever excel puts in by default for a general text cell. None of the annotations are larger than about 75 characters, and I avoided both single and double quotes in them. Other special characters might include +, -, or parentheses, but nothing outside of normal punctuation.

I did test this out prior to posting in a test realm - tag and hybrid text annotations work perfectly fine (those are the other two I use in this particular article set), the picture annotate I'm not too concerned about, I included it to be thorough.
Taronthir is offline   #456 Reply With Quote