View Single Post
Jay_NOLA

Old November 16th, 2017, 07:11 AM
CC2/CC3/CC3+ does integrate with the old AD&D Core rules 2.0 so you can have it pull up monster stats, treasure, etc. for a location on a map.

CC3/CC3+ can be set up to to pull up a text file, PDF, run an exe via setting up a map link. Map links are usually done to link to other maps to make an interactive Atlas. One of the CC3 Annuals covered this and they had a free CC2 tutorial PDF with a zip of maps to show how this is done in the older CC2 program.

I don't know any way you can have the link go to a specific Realm and entry in RW. You can get it to launch RW via a map link I believe.

RW can read the FCW files as was pointed out. you need to export your image and resize if needed.

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. Usually they have a sale on stuff.

Also if you do plan to buy CC3/CC3+ buy a bundle and make sure you get at the least CC3 & DD3. You'll be able to do over land maps and dungeon/interior ones for Fantasy settings.

I did a in depth look of the major mapping programs about a year and a half ago along with the pros and cons of each. So I can look for the Word file I have it in and post that info in the next week or two when I find it if you like. I had planned to post it to this forum since people were asking on what programs to use to make maps with a lot and I had worked up a huge amount of info I never posted.

Oh and since daplunk mention Fantasy Grounds that usually goes on sale on Black Friday too. If you want to upgrade the free version or get modules, etc for it.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #16 Reply With Quote