View Single Post
Kairos
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 26th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
The user is able to select a weapon from the list, as I want, but custom/magic entry is displayed as well.
You can filter it out with a tag expression in the table or chooser (assuming that's what you used) using either the candidatefield or candidatepick element.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
However, when I click add in the form, the weapon is listed as - Custom/Magic Weapon -, but of course I want it to list the weapon the user selected.
It sounds like you want them to modify an existing weapon, right? If so, why not attach a child element to those weapon things you want them to customize? In other words, let the user add a sword to the hero as normal, but with the option to customize it.

I did this in my Qin data files (see my sig) -- in that game, pretty much an object can be crafted as a legendary object, so most objects have gizmos which allow objects to apply adjustments to the hero. That structure might work well here.

You'll also want a default thing defined for the entity, but it sounds to me like you're doing this all through menu literals on the form then modifying the weapon fields?

Authoring Kit Rule Sets (now with functioning links!):

Qin: The Warring States

Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space

MEGS/BoH/DC Heroes (work in progress)
Kairos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote