View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 21st, 2020, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
So this allows developers of the online tabletop apps to access HLO? Any word of any of those developers doing that?
It hasn't even been out for a week yet, and it hadn't even been out 12 hours when you posed this question. There's quite a bit to digest and implement with the API, so a little patience is called for. Let's see where things stand after folks have a chance to really dig in and make some headway with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
I haven't heard of any yet, but there's some platforms that have plugins that anybody can build, like Foundry VTT, which would make it straightforward for fans to make integrations there.
That's exactly the idea. We provide a clean way to get the data out. Other tools provide a clean way to get the data in. Then it's a matter of writing the translation layer between the two tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
From looking at the API doc, it also looks like it would also be pretty straightforward to make desktop apps, or client-side web apps, that use the API to provide whatever functionality using the character data.
I couldn't have said it better myself. That was our goal with the API.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote