View Single Post
candidgamera

Old April 6th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Okay, gang! I am in the home stretch on my Ancient Dead conversion - all I have left to do are the choosable powers. A couple of them are a little odd, going from 3rd to PF. So I would like some "best practices" advice.

From the book :

Animal Command (Su) : The ancient is able to exert control over one specific species of animal. (...) The ancient can rebuke or command animals of this species just as an evil cleric can rebuke or command undead. The ability takes effect as if used by a cleric of level equal to the ancient's hit dice.

And :

Command Undead (Su) : The ancient gains the ability to rebuke or command undead as if it were a cleric of level equal to its hit dice. If the ancient already has this ability as a former cleric, it may add 4 to its effective level when rebuking.

Because of the PF changes to turning and commanding undead, I'm unsure how best to model these. Thoughts?

And the bonus question - the Elemental Affinity ability gives an Ancient Dead who is already a cleric a bonus (third) cleric domain, chosen from one of the four elemental domains. Is there anything in the game that gives a cleric a third domain already that I can clone?
candidgamera is offline   #20 Reply With Quote