View Single Post
Kairos
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 15th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomknife View Post
One question, actually.

I currently use City of Brass for the purposes which I'll use RW for. I already know which powers RW has that CoB does not, but my mais issue with CoB is that the "generic ruleset" demands that I enter all stats, trackables, spells, abilites, feats and so on for every single player or NPC I create.

And after I create one, that template isn't saved, so I have to do it all over again. I'm fully aware that RW demands a large entry work, but remaking the character sheet template everytime is taking way too long.

What I wanted to know is: once I determine what the stats are, can I set a template for future characters? For instance, I'm playing Symbaroum and I want to have a template like the character sheet (not design-wise but "data"-wise).

Also, habilities, spells, etc. are those saved to be used in other characters/NPCs? Same with items?

Thanks a bunch!
From my experience, there are a couple ways into this.

First, you can create a Category with all the relevant snippets in this. Call it PC. Then, when you add PC Topics based on that Category, that Topic has all those snippets (or fields).

Second, you can use a statblock snippet type.

Third (which is what I do), I maintain in RW (or outside it as you like) the text of the PC character sheet. When I create a new PC/NPC, I paste in this statblock into the snippet and take advantage of the autolinking, so that skills, stats, weapons etc get linked to the Mechanics Reference (if you have that material entered).

Authoring Kit Rule Sets (now with functioning links!):

Qin: The Warring States

Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space

MEGS/BoH/DC Heroes (work in progress)
Kairos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote