View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 17th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
I'm currently stalled in the character sheet. I get the basic idea of it, but the incremental "adjust this item by 10, reload, print preview, rinse and repeat" process of getting things to line up is sucking my will to move forward.
Sadly, this is the easiest part of the coding... It's repetitive yes but this is the easy part. If you did the game system, the sheet output is usually the easiest part. For the White Wolf systems I am doing, I was able to minimize the number of "oPick" templates I needed by having one for traits and dots. I only had to make different pick outputs for a handful of things. I found the sheet to be the simplest part of the code output. I don't save it for last though. I code it in parts as I go. I started with attributes and abilities, then as I added new components to the structure file I would do the sheet and statblock output at the same time that way everything was built as I went along.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote