View Single Post
DaFranker

Old November 15th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
This week ey Get back to that Rob, this is way not important haha.

I played with Syrinscape in the video. I like the concept but ultimately it's still not as efficient as I picture sound could be.

And this is a unique issue with sound IMO. When using RWs I would love to be able to come along in my prep and within the article, type the name of the music I want to play (eg: Play Music: Goblin Fight). Have it generate a link to the article that would exist in my mechanics section.

However... and this is the bit that's unique to sound. It's not even sound that's the issue. It's music and soundscapes specifically. Background audio.

Ideally that link should just play the music. And when I am finished with that tab, which will happen very quickly sometimes, the music should keep playing. And should the track end, there should be the ability to have to loop until I tell it to stop.

This is where I think something unique is required for sound management. Ideally the controls for sound would be better placed in the Realm Works tool bar instead of embedded in articles.

When I click a link that contain a specific audio snippet perhaps, it would be amazing if it called the music immediately and was able to be controlled using the method listed above.

Ideally I want music to be something I think about once, during prep. I come along and type the name of the music I want to play for that dungeon etc. When I run it, i click the link (and just that link, keeping in mind the music is a sub thought, I want to stay on the module content and avoid any delays for the table), it plays on repeat, and when I come to the next article with prepared music, I click that link and that takes over.

Anyway, just some constructive feedback. Don't you dare think about this until that Content Market is released
I've tinkered around with this idea as well, and it's already something that RealmWorks could do if we had the right kind of external software handling a custom URI (e.g. the "syrinscape://" part instead of "html://" or "file://").

Short of forcing a third party program to run in the background upon certain conditions for some URLs and not others, or implementing their own sound player within RealmWorks itself, I don't really see what more LW can do for us here.

I'll check it out a bit further and see if we can cook up something like a pair of play-once:// and play-loop:// URIs through a wrapper program that would either play sound files directly in the background or use filthy trickses to have another media player run in the background without popups or interruptions to the GM's workflow.
DaFranker is offline   #97 Reply With Quote