View Single Post
Randall Jhen

Old December 24th, 2018, 09:40 AM
I had a feature suggestion, but it might be something on this list, so I wanted to get some clarification.

8) Allow the tooltip for a topic/article link to be a user defined text snippet defaulting to the overview snippet.

My idea was to have a snippet type that adds mouse-over text to a link (probably limited to one of that type per topic/article, and maybe character-limited). Is that, essentially, what the above suggestion is, or should I make a separate post about it?

As an example, my Invisible Sun realm includes rules terminology that's great colloquially, but not super useful when trying to be specific. Having mouse-over text pop up with a short explanation saves me having to click on something to get the one sentence I need.

I've worked around this to a degree with named ranges ("near," "close," "far," etc.) by putting the actual distances in the suffix ("10 ft.", "10-50 ft.", "50-100 ft.", "100-500 ft."), but that's not workable for some other things (like the mechanical difference between a "creature" and a "being" and a "person").

Edit: Ah, yes, looks like this was explained mid-thread. Same idea. Great!

Edit 2: An alternative might be an option to flag a snippet as being the relevant tooltip snippet.

Last edited by Randall Jhen; December 24th, 2018 at 12:44 PM. Reason: (1) Found the explanation I was looking for; (2) new idea
Randall Jhen is offline   #42 Reply With Quote