View Single Post
Farling

Old February 19th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
How I wish this would work...
Hero Lab should have some form of cloud support that is linked to the DM's game. When a player creates a character they can choose to connect that character to a game and that character then stores on the cloud.

Any changes to the character sync back to the cloud and the character sheet can be added within RW allowing the DM to come along and see an up to date version of the player sheet.

When the Web Portal is implemented it should have options for both Hero Lab and Realm Works. The players should be able to view and make limited (I doubt web can handle full functionality?) changes to the sheet. Any changes made here sync back to the cloud.
DropBox, OneDrive, or many other cloud services already provide the capability to share files. You could mandate that all players keep their portfolios in a shared cloud folder.

This would then reduce the requirement down to HeroLab supporting having characters from multiple files displayed in a "single portfolio" view, and monitor for changes to files so that it can prompt the user to ask if they want to reload the updated character's portfolio.

I don't see the need to store player's character HL portfolios inside RW.
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote