View Single Post
Golkiwu

Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
On the stance, check the "Show In Charges List?" option, then enter "Active" in the "Charge Effect 1" box below it.

Go to the second to the last option, "User Tags", and defne a new tag. I'd recommend something like "To9SStance" as the Id and "Stance" as the name.

Now, up and to the right, find the "Eval Rule" button, click it, and click to add a new Eval Rule.

Phase: Post-Levels, priority: 10000, message: "You may only have a single stance active at a time"

Script:
Code:

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
validif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ If we're activated, assign a tag to the hero to announce that there's
~ an active stance
if (field[hIsOn1].value <> 0) then
  perform hero.assign[User.To9SStance]

~later on, if you want to apply any effects from the stances, like AC
  ~modifiers or attack modifiers, place them here

~now, count the number of those tags that are on the hero
  ~we're valid if there's one or less
  validif (hero.tagcount[User.To9SStance] <= 1)

~if we're not active, then there's no need to report an error
else
  @valid = 1
  endif
You can make the rest of your stances by copying this one, so that all those settings will be retained.

The user will turn them on or off on the In-Play tab.
Ok
That worked. In the coding where it is saying
"~later on, if you want to apply any effects from the stances, like AC
~modifiers or attack modifiers, place them here"

Is that where I will add script to give said effects on copied (new)Stances?
If so, should I search other Eval rules or scripts for proper script wording, as I am unfamiliar with the code lanquage.

As for the psionics Maneuvers, I wanted to have discipline that is exclusive to the Sword Sage (not psychokinetic or other). It has Power Class, Discipline, and Psion Discipline. I wanted to be able to reflect the School for the maneuver (shadow or other school), and power class be for the Sword Sage. I had created a Tag SS_Man for power class in order for it to be selectable under Psionics in the Class Tab. I have Power Level = 1, I created a Tag for the Power Class = SS_Man , and a Psion Discipline named Shadow Level 1 (Tag is Man_Shad1). I get no error with this setup, but I am unsure if I am doing this part correctly. How do I get it to not cost Power Points?

Also, how do I remove a saved Power. I am getting 2 Shadow Blade Techniques due to a mispell on the Unique ID (i accidentally created 2 things that are the same).

That's Homunculus!

Last edited by Golkiwu; February 2nd, 2011 at 10:32 AM.
Golkiwu is offline   #16 Reply With Quote