View Single Post
LimpingNinja

Old March 13th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
If you're referring to Hero Lab Online allowing GMs and players to view characters in a campaign, that's going to be part of the Campaigns/Encounters/Tactical Console initial rollout that we're working on now. We hope to have it ready come Spring. Is that what you were wanting to know specifically?
I think so, let me be more specific. At the current time HLO requires an account and content purchase for players. Having campaigns is great, it pulls everything together, but the thread that I referenced was referring to having the ability to 'share' the character sheet or even the 'campaign' with someone as a 'guest'. This or similar solutions is more what I'm thinking about.

Multi-play guests, small multi-sessions with a new group, etc. The comment Ian had made was that you guys were exploring the option of having a public/guest accessible link to view/edit a character (or view a campaign?) to make those scenarios easier. As a GM I definitely find it easier to manipulate multiple characters in an online tool, I do this for 5E and have a tab per character. When looking at other solutions, license/player sheet sharing is easily one of the value-adds.

Does that make more sense?

-LimpingNinja
LimpingNinja is offline   #3 Reply With Quote