View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 10th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamChgo View Post
I got a message when I opened Hero Lab on my iPad this morning that there was an update. The update is for D&D 5th Edition SRD for iPad v2.7.
Yet when I try to install the update, I get an error message that "The file could not be imported because: Newer version of Hero Lab required! Make sure you're using the latest version of the product."

Yet when I check the App Store, there are no newer versions available of Hero Lab.

Was the SRD update sent out before v8.6 of the software? I have v8.5.1 (#773) currently on my iPad.

Or am I supposed to delete Hero Lab from my tablet, then download it from scratch? Because software updates have never been done that way before, but there's always a first time.
The iPad app version is awaiting Apple approval and is not yet available. The official word is that it will be out "soon". I would expect in the next day or so. Until then the current version 8.5.1 and games should work just fine.

Just ignore the "update" messages until the app version updates.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote