View Single Post
timgray

Old October 2nd, 2019, 01:31 PM
What I want to know is will they remove the requirement for the servers to create a realm so we can keep using it. If not then it has a time bomb built in and the program will cease to function in a big way when they shut off the server in the future.

And yeah, all hopes of seeing this open source are not going to happen. My only hope is someone reverse engineers the database and gives us a program to create a new realm without the server and then export to html the player revealed only info so we can continue to use it.

I was on the fence for a while because I hated the server requirement, but short of "the keep" this was the only other program that was not an online monthly subscription service.

And I'm not into rent-a-software when I am applying thousands of hours of my time into data entry into it.

It seems the community needs to support the product by figuring out how things work and creating our own tools that can give us the features and keep the program running. I also worry about the authentication servers being shutdown eventually causing the program to fully self destruct.
timgray is offline   #79 Reply With Quote