View Single Post
EightBitz

Old January 20th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
@EightBitz: I too am impressed. When the survey was taken, printing didn't rank high enough but Rob gave it an honorable mention due to some very vocal advocates (no names mentioned but I guess we were pretty vocal). As a result it got tagged on to the higher priority list along with calendars. When I saw the shift to HTML I knew that this might become possible when the webview was released. This is amazing and well before I thought it would be possible. The community owes you a great deal for taking the plunge down the XML hole.

@EightBitz: Please also take care of yourself. I just want to say that I think of you and wish you all the best in your job search whenever I fire up RW nowadays or see the printing posts. May you be successful soon!
Thanks! I appreciate your kind words and your well wishes. :-)

I very much appreciate the work that Shadow and others put in to the Community packs, and the data sets that other people here have worked on and made available.

And though I haven't watched many of them yet, I'm going to start digging more into the videos people have been making. I know that type of thing takes a lot of time and patience. I could have made a video showing how to use this, but I think daplunk did a much better job with it than I would have.

I'm happy to share with a community where other people share, and it's really nice to hear that people are finding this not only useful, but impressive. It makes me realize that this is maybe something I can mention in job interviews. "Why should we hire you instead of anyone else?"

"Technology isn't just my career choice, it's a hobby and a passion. In fact, I wrote this XML conversion script for this application I use. I even shared it with the online community, and you'll be amazed at what happened next!"
EightBitz is offline   #48 Reply With Quote