View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 25th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
All of this tech is impressive.

My table, however, looks like this:

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20242593/

I feel like the laptop puts a barrier between my players and I, and we lose some of the co-operative storytelling feeling that I like to generate.

But RW is an incredible organization tool for my campaign and I love using it to create and organize, so I'll keep using the laptop until I can export in any format. Needs must.
I concur, as an old school "grognard" I am always reminding my younger players of the benefits of ROLE play vs ROLL play... That is part of the reason I choose the monitors I did...

The center one is technically designed for graphic artists (that is why it tilts almost flat). The tilt allows plenty of view to my players, but just enough to not be legible to peekers. the two either side are LGs low profile ultra wides. They are only 11" tall, but nearly 2' wide allowing for lots of windows to be simultaneously open side by side, but not obstructing my view.

Like you will be happy when RW incorporates a PDF (or anything) form of export, till then I give Snipit a workout cutting and pasting.

The Tech keeps my younger gamers happy while weaning them off of the metagamer/ PC gamer mentality and releasing the REAL power.... improv and imagination.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #16 Reply With Quote