View Single Post
Azhrei

Old February 29th, 2020, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
And that has changed… how?… since Rob made that statement?
My point was simply that Rob was sincere when he said there were no plans to drop HLC. In other words, I believe that he meant what he said when he said it. But I think the tides have turned.

Supporting HLC is a drain on resources with little or no payback. LW is pushing hard for people to subscribe to HLO so that they have a constant revenue stream. But supporting HLC costs them money and makes them very little in return.

I'm not disputing your attitude in regards to managing a business and what the proper approach is when dealing with customers. (I also run my own business. And if I tell a client that "such and such isn't going away", you can bet that I'm going to hedge my statement by saying, "no plans at this time" or "for the foreseeable future". I particularly like that latter phrase, because no one can foretell the future with any degree of accuracy. )

Quote:
He said it in no uncertain terms, with no caveats or conditions (see my quote below).
Well, the last sentence of what you quoted says, "We have no plans to stop supporting..." As I pointed out, their plans have changed.
Azhrei is offline   #48 Reply With Quote