View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 29th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
Is there a way to maintain the precludes while making it possible for people who do not possess the required datasets purchased.
Not that I am aware of.

Quote:
Some of those should probably remain precluded, but not if it means there are people who cannot access the files.
Honestly I don't agree that you should decide that. Every game group plays different and if the DM of my group says I can play a Ninja or Witch why do you get to say otherwise?

If I am the DM I decide what is allowed not LW or Paizo. Its really easy for a player that is told in a Dark Sun campaign to ignore Witch or the whole APG book to turn off those sources in Configure Your Hero.

Please don't take the above badly. Not sure how it reads but just trying to say for a public/community resource I don't agree with removing options. And to me player characters are often the unique special snowflake of the game world. So having a PC witch in Darksun maybe exactly what is needed to tell a unique story.

Quote:
Furthermore, is there any way I can check for these source related errors, even if I have purchased them. I have tried to use "Choose supplement packages.." from the development window. But removing all 3pp and purchased packages provides a number of errors that have nothing to do with source errors.
When using this option you have to leave all the "Data" packages that have the word "Common" active. I also leave all the standard classes active as well. You can use the search box at the top of the window to find everything with "common".

Honestly though I no longer need to do this. Other than Preclude/Hidden HL will no longer fail to load just because you bootstrapped a Thing from a license a person does not own.

The only check I am always doing, which is not cost effective, is to have all licensed packages. Then I can test to make sure no "duplicate" Thing ID's happen. This is the only reason why I have every single Pathfinder package. Sometimes its nice to look up scripts. But trust me my group does not use every Pathfinder book.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #100 Reply With Quote