View Single Post
Parody

Old February 3rd, 2015, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
(I think there's this little thing called freedom of speech).
Technical Point*: At least in the US, freedom of speech is a restriction on the government. This bulletin board is run by a private entity, not the government, and that private entity can prevent us from speaking here if they wish. Similarly, we can voice our opinions on our own websites and LWD can't block us from doing so.

I would also point out that this forum has an Ignore feature if anyone is so inclined. I've used it on other forums before. (Extremely rarely, though.)

ObTopic: A pattern that's been pretty plain throughout discussions of exporting is that the people like myself who wanted it the most are using Realm Works as they would other writing aids. That's also why I don't care whether or not you are allowed to export purchased items; I only want to be able to export things I've created. (Though you should be able to specify what people are allowed to do with stuff you want to share, much like in Acrobat, but I digress.)

Honestly, I don't see the point of getting worked up about exporting or calendars or any other pet feature that isn't being given first priority. LWD's decisions for the near future have been made. If their vision is different enough from what you need that you won't find it useful for now, then shelve it. Come back in a year and see what's up.

I've bought plenty of programs in the past that I never used to their potential, found weren't suited for what I wanted to do, or were too buggy to use properly. About all you can do is find something that works for you.

* The best kind of point!

Parody is online now   #54 Reply With Quote