View Single Post
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2011, 08:10 PM
OK, I've investigated this a bit. There appears to be a problem with the D&D Compendium web site, where if you search for powers with no text specified. The server, instead of returning a file with the list of powers, is returning this instead:

Code:
An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 743727.
You can see this problem (although not the specific error message) for yourself by going to the D&D Compendium web site:

http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/co.../database.aspx

Choose "Powers" from the drop-down list, and click "Search". No powers are displayed, because the server is reporting an error. The same search for Feats or Items work properly.

If you're running into this problem, you should report it to WotC customer service, since it's an actual problem with the D&D Compendium web site. Here's what you can report:

Quote:
When I use the Compendium web site, the list of powers doesn't display properly. I choose "Powers" from the drop-down list, and press "Search". No powers are displayed.

If I do the same thing for Feats or Items, the list of feats or items is displayed properly.
Hopefully this is a problem that the D&D Insider team will fix, after which the downloader should work properly. Until then, I'll see if I can come up with an alternate way of accessing the powers that doesn't run into the bug, and update the downloader appropriately.
Colen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote