View Single Post
smokeh

Old March 11th, 2018, 06:17 AM
Since i couldn't figure out how to bootstrap the chosen item to the minion, my plan was just to have the player manually add the weapons they chose to the minion. After spending 3 more days deep into the editor, and solving a problem with adding a Swim speed to the minion due to an upgrade, I came up with a solution to adding the weapons. The problem is it seems fairly inelegant, and I'm wondering if there is a smarter way to do this. I have tested this out, and it does work as I describe it.

Basically, I'm pre-bootstrapping every simple weapon (and eventually martial weapons due to another upgrade) to the Minion at the start. I'm then assigning a Condition to the bootstrap that checks for the existence of a custom tag on the minion that I'm setting via the player's choice from the menu. In order to handle the user picking 2 of the same weapon I will need to double all of the weapon bootstraps and add a second level of custom tags and conditions (like Custom.Con_wClub2).

Code:
field[usrCandid1].text = " component.NormalWep & wProfReq.Simple & !Helper.Helper "

field[usrCandid2].text = " component.NormalWep & wProfReq.Simple & !Helper.Helper "

if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then

If (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[thingid.wClub] <> 0) Then
perform minion[Familiar].assign[Custom.Con_wClub]
endif
endif
Is there a better way to do this? I don't mind spending the time entering the data, but if there is a smarter path than I would love to try that first!
smokeh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote