View Single Post
Ualaa

Old October 5th, 2019, 09:14 AM
The laptop has upgraded to the 8.9 version, but has only ever ran the 32-bit.
I integrate the Realm Works on that device with the Hero Lab.
Once I figured out that RW cannot add it's saved encounters to a running 64-bit HL, I didn't feel the need to put the 64-bit on the Taskbar.

Both laptop and desktop have very sparingly used the editor.
Specifically to rename something within a FGG file, when there is a naming conflict with something that has changed in Hero Lab.
I believe that is three instances so far, with Craft Poison, a DR type and something to do with a Lich template.
Those have been done on both machines.

I haven't tried re-downloading the 8.9 onto the desktop yet.
After downloading the 8.9 update (the first... so far only time), I noticed that the Taskbar still pointed to the older/original executable.
After running the 64-bit, clicking any saved portfolio opens it with the 64-bit.
If I specifically run the older client, I can open any of the portfolios that have been saved.

Using the older client, if I open the portfolio with the player characters, I can add encounters from Realm Works, but that necessitates opening the 32-bit (original) executable first and then opening the PC portfolio from the File > Open menu.

I'll try the 8.9 update on the desktop, after D&D, possibly tonight (but it'll be late, sessions usually end between midnight and 3am) but more likely tomorrow.

Until RW can integrate their saved portfolios into the 64-bit HL, I don't plan to run the 64-bit once on the laptop.

Thanks for the insights.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote