View Single Post
AndrewD2

Old July 1st, 2015, 05:55 PM
I'm building a tab right now for selecting a characters background.

The background determines their race (since no background has 2 races the race is bootstrapped to the background directly).

Backgrounds then add tags to determine what it's starting Focus options are (usually 2) and the table is made using the <needtag> element to limit the selection on the table, same applies for class.

Backgrounds also have 2-3 selections off a table which is a combination of Focuses and Attribute bonuses.

Since attribute bonuses are not focuses I didn't want to include as such, but I can't seem to find a way to have a table show multiple components. I know it can do multiple <needtag> elements and if I change the component on the table whichever component is there is what comes up, but I'd like to be able to do them together instead of 2 tables. If not I can do like the Knowledge skills and Languages in Shadowrun that subtract from the same point pool, but are on separate tables.

So ultimately, is there a way short of making another component combining the two and making copies bootstrapping the Focuses or do I just need to make 2 tables?
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote