View Single Post
Gord

Old February 7th, 2017, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
What's changed recently? Paizo's subscription program has been around for a very long time: "Buy the books direct from us at a discount, get the PDF with it, sell the physical book whenever you want and still have the content. Oh, and have a discount on anything else you happen to buy from us." That's never been friendly towards stores. :(
Even with that going on, we would still order and sell 12-24 of any new release. It was outselling 4e in most stores. 5e reduced those numbers but not significantly. The condescending attitude, the humble bundle test (which they promised us there would only be one of), the proliferation of SKUs, and general on-line discounting they do have alienated stores even more than the subscriptions. They were not really a big issue. It is more the constant undermining of retail that have driven retailers away from them.

I have no problem with a joint publication of pdfs and books sold at retail. We have participated for years and I personally with that more companies would do it this way. I want the book for looking at and reading off-screen and the pdfs to search for things quickly and for data entry into RW.
Gord is offline   #26 Reply With Quote