View Single Post
kbs666

Old December 15th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Because I do.

Many times I've needed to change a topic's title and break the links to it. e.g. a topic called "bedroom" that I'm renaming so that the name of the place appears in the topic title - I don't want "happy hunter bedroom" appearing everywhere in the linked topics.

Or, because I'll quite often have a topic with slightly the wrong name, and only after I have entered other information do I realise that I want the name of the topic changed - and I then have to manually go through each connected topic to remove the link before I can change the title of the topic.

Automatically changing the text that appears in other topics isn't always a good thing.
Ok. Different solution to a problem everyone who has entered published material or has a lot of generic locations. I just deal with the multiple choices for the link targets and choose the right one based on suffix. I can see not wanting that.

Has anyone tested to see if changing a topic title that is the same as multiple other topics changes all the links pointing to those topics?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #36 Reply With Quote