View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 12th, 2010, 03:25 PM
For the new game system, I'd recommend making your new setting an option within the core rules section - there are a few extra things for Cortex that can't be handled properly by creating a new source in the editor yet - those will be avoided if you make it one of the settings within the Core rules, like Star of the Guardians, Arcady, or TRACE.

If you don't want to use the core rules as your base, I can explain how to create your source entry in a text editor. If so, tell me a little more about how you're approaching this - which Cortex rule level are you using (1: Serenity, 2: BSG, 3: Demon Hunters, 4: Core, 5: Supernatural, or something else). Do you want to set up any other rules while you're doing that - for example, does your game use the Drive and Watercraft skills, or a single Ground Vehicles skill, or something else?

For the Serenity source, you'll need to add two sources - one for the Serenity core rules, and one for the new material you're adding - this will look like the Core Rules do currently - once Serenity has sub-options, it can't be selected directly, itself, so you'll need a selection option that selects Serenity without selecting your new source.

If you're adding BDH or SS&S, I'd actually recommend making them entirely new sources, and don't put them within the Game Systems section.

(Rob, the reason it can't be created in the editor is that the Cortex sources use autotags to set which mechanics they use - sorry for not catching this message before you did).
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote