View Single Post
TCArknight

Old July 24th, 2020, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
On making ModType.xxx tag dynamic - that's a problem as Regular Armor is not set up to support Modifications. I haven't seen any rules for that. All other gear that uses Modifications has rules about how many mods can be used, etc. Melee Weapons are allowed a single mod. Ranged Weapons aren't even allowed Mods at all. Neither is Armor. So, there are larger implications than simply adding more type tags.
Very true. However, by making ModType.xxx tag dynamic, it opens up the possibility for those settings that may have use for modifications in general. It would also allow for Firearms accessories such as silencers and scopes to be treated as a modification and output with the weapon they are attached to (modifying the overall cost and weight of the weapon).

The SWADE version of the companions I'm thinking are not far off, plus, this would allow those folks that wanted to create their own (for example) Ranged compset that included Modifications to do so. (And, I'm thinking that might be a way to implement the Manufacturer Modifiers for a weapon from the Savage Rifts: Empires of Humanity book)

It definitely would be a nice to have, but can work without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
On adding a Damage Die multiple, that's usually what the Special Damage field is for...
True, I guess what I was thinking of has an easy workaround.

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #279 Reply With Quote