View Single Post
Draidis

Old June 25th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
1) I don't know how to make the DA Awesome Aura replace their Frightful Presence if it is even possible

Make a special for the Awesome Aura, and in an eval script have it delete the Helper.ShowSpec tag on frightful presence special.

perform hero.childfound[xFrightPre].delete[Helper.ShowSpec]

2) I don't know how to add a deflection AC bonus = to Charisma bonus

Look at the eval scripts of Paladin's Divine Grace for how to get something equal to the Charisma bonus. Then look at... say the Ring of Protection to see how to apply a deflection bonus. Try and combine the two and ask me if you still have trouble.

3) DA are supposed to get an HP increase of 1 per hit dice it possess at levels 2,4,6,8,10 & 12.... No idea how to do that

Look at the eval scripts on the Improved Toughness feat, which does the same thing.

4) At lvl 4 damage reduction is supposed to made such that it can only be overcome by epic weapons (+6 or higher) and lvl8 it increases by a factor of 5) (ie. 15/epic --> 20/epic), don't know how to do any of that

Bootstrap the Epic DR special to your class ability, then run a script to detect the amount of the magic DR and set that as the bonus

Final 10000
~ Our Epic DR is equal to our Magic DR
var bonus as number
bonus = hero.childfound[xDamRdMag].field[Value].value

~ We gain a +5 bonus if we are 8th level or higher.
if (field[xTotalLev].value >= 8) then
bonus += 5
endif

~ Epic DR is equal to our calculated bonus or it's current value, whichever is higher.
hero.child[xDamRdEpic].field[Value].value = maximum(hero.child[xDamRdEpic].field[Value].value, bonus)

6) Lastly, at lvl 11 spell resistance is supposed to increase to 33

Does it just flatly increase to 33 no matter what it was before? In that case you can just bootstrap the xSplRs thing and then use this eval script.

Post-levels 10000
~ If our level is higher than 11 give us Spell resistance 33 or it's current value, whichever is higher.
if (field[xTotalLev].value >= 11) then
hero.child[xSplRs].field[Value].value = maximum(hero.child[xSplRs].field[Value].value, 33)
endif
Thanks for all the help. I super appreciate it and btw, you kick ass, thanks for all the D&D 3.5 material.

I'm still having issues though. What you gave me for the prereqs worked like a charm, as did the Awesome Aura and the spell resistance stuff.

For #2 (the deflection AC bonus equal to the charisma bonus one) I did what you suggested and took the Divine Grace ability script to get the Cha bonus and the ring of protection script to find out how to apply a deflection bonus and I came up with this eval script

var bonus as number
~ Get the value of the Cha bonus
bonus = hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value

~ Apply a deflection AC bonus = Cha bonus
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDeflect].value = maximum(hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACDeflect].value, bonus)

I saved the Class Special, tested it and tried actually applying it to a character but nothing happened. It's listed in the class information as being there and is white (as in level is met for use) but there is no AC change.
Any suggestions?

I did pretty much the same for #3, i created multiple Class Specials that came into effect using the eval script copied from Improved Toughness

container.child[Totals].field[tHP].value =
container.child[Totals].field[tHP].value +
container.child[Totals].field[tHitDice].value

It also had no effect once the actual class levels were applied to a character

For the damage reduction (the last thing that isn't working properly) I did as you said and add the Epic Damage Reduction bootstrap to the class then copied and pasted your script into the class special eval script

Final 10000
~ Our Epic DR is equal to our Magic DR
var bonus as number
bonus = hero.childfound[xDamRdMag].field[Value].value

~ We gain a +5 bonus if we are 8th level or higher.
bonus += 5
endif

~ Epic DR is equal to our calculated bonus or it's current value, whichever is higher.
hero.child[xDamRdEpic].field[Value].value = maximum(hero.child[xDamRdEpic].field[Value].value, bonus)

That gave me a syntax error saying that the variable "Final" was undeclared, tried declaring it and that game me a different error and I tried outright removing it and while that allowed the script to work the final result was still gave no change to an actual character using the prestige class. Also wouldn't the lines

bonus += 5
endif

result in a character getting the +5 if they have a character level equal or higher than 8? Because I want that to happen at the 8th class level not character level.

Thanks again for all the help!

Last edited by Draidis; June 25th, 2011 at 05:59 PM.
Draidis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote