View Single Post
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 7th, 2020, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
To be honest, I HOPE their business situation improves faster and at least to give some love to RW on the burning issues.
Just my opinion, but I believe that their business situation is a direct result of perpetually "biting off more than they can chew." It seems to me that from the moment they got the contract for PF1 from Paizo, the release schedule of new material has been right at the upper limit - and often over the upper limit - of what they've been able to keep up with. This has resulted in a constant pressure to push new content out the gates, and that content has often been released in an incomplete state with the disclaimers that it will be completed at a future date. (And to be fair, they did eventually get pretty much all of the Paizo PF1 stuff wrapped up).

That stayed the same with Realm Works, and has not changed with HLO and PF2. Some of us demand the shiny new toys from Paizo, and some demand the previously released material to be finished up, and some demand that HLO be further developed, and some demand Shadowrun stuff, and some demand...

And I freely admit that I'm on that list of "Some demand" people. Mostly what I want is for them to hire enough coders - temporarily at least - to squash the critical bugs in Realm Works so that we have a stable, relatively bug-free build for what it should already be able to do. Calendars is a bitter pill to swallow, but I could live more easily without them, if I could only integrate with HL again and import/export reliably.

Their answer to having more than a mouthful to chew on (again) appears to be to spit out the stuff that's no longer actively producing revenue and to focus on the things that are making money now. With apologies, of course, to those of us who paid them a total of $170,748 in the kickstarter, plus money for content after release, and those who purchased the product after the kickstarter was over, and did not - quite - get what we paid for. We got apologies, but no fixes so far.

I don't even pretend to know enough about the business side of their business to know whether this is impossible or whether it's possible but would eat into their profits too much, etc. Doesn't really matter. Our choices appear to be between choosing to find a way to be happy with what we've got and remaining bitter that we didn't quite get what we paid for.

And wow - that ended up being a LOT more than I started out to write
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #24 Reply With Quote