View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 1st, 2015, 03:07 PM
FAQs for Community Package Changes:

1) Where and HOW do I get these new Packs?
A: See THIS post for full details. But the new Packs are downloaded from inside of HL and all start with the wording "Pathfinder XXXXX Pack". Where XXXX is the name of the specific pack.

2) HL Continues to tell me to update old/deprecated packages?
A: If you are still getting an Update Notice for a old deprecated community package (Ultimate Psionics, SGG, Path of War) you need to do a small step to make it stop. Start HL and Pathfinder and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and find the old package and "delete it". The files are already converted over to the new pack so you will NOT lose anything. HL will then stop telling you about the update.

3) How do a do a simple "Fresh" install of the new community Packs?
A: To do a "fresh" install on Windows (idea is similar on Mac) is go to your "C:\ProgramData\HeroLab\data\Pathfinder" folder and rename it to "pathfinder_old". Then go to the "C:\programData\HeroLab\download\pathfinder.hl" file and run this to start a fresh install of the Pathfinder Game system. If you plan to use the Community Bestiary or Community Player Pack you must install them BEFORE you install any of the "new" packs you wish to use. You do NOT have to install the Community Bestiary or Community Player Pack if you don't plan to use them.

4) If I want the Pathfinder 3PP Pack do I need to first install the Pathfinder Basic Pack?
A: Currently no. The "Basic Pack" is now contained inside of each other Pack. So if you only download the Pathfinder 3PP Pack then Basic Pack will be installed also automatically.

5) The only error I'm still getting is "abDRCIrMag", which this post says is because of a change to Cold Iron DR a while ago.
A: This is a known-issue and will be fixed when I redo the Community Bestiary and deprecate the Community Player Pack.

6) I am getting an error that is causing HL to not load any addons. What can I try?
A: One option to try is to download the Pack again. Let it overwrite the download and install again. This "some" times works and does not take long to try. If still getting an error please RIGHT click on the error window and PASTE the error message into this thread.

7) I am getting an error how can I paste it into this thread?
A: If you are getting a error window you can always RIGHT mouse click and select COPY to copy all the errors. Then you can past them into an post to help others diagnose what is wrong.

8) Error: Attempt to access field 'sPrepCount' that does not exist for thing 'puDetPsi0'
Location: 'field calculate' script for Field 'sScrCost' near line 39

A: Its a bug in the background component script and not something I can fix. I have put in an official bug report with all the information so they can duplicate it. It should be fixed in the next official release. If you are playing the character you can suppress the error by going to "Develop->Enable Data File Debugging" and turning it OFF. Then you won't see the message every-time you make a change.

9) Is there an order to loading the new Packs or the old Community Bestiary?
A: Temporally there is a specific order. The "Community Bestiary" or "Community Player Pack" MUST be installed before any of the new "Packs" get installed. If in example you loaded the "Basic Pack" first and then the Community Bestiary you will get errors like THESE. If so the fix is simple. Just download the "Basic Pack" again and install it. You should be good to go then.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 18th, 2015 at 10:31 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3