View Single Post
JTenebrous

Old April 7th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Another user has already mentioned the possibility of using tables in text snippets, but I'll expound on that topic. I've used RW for awhile now, and I'm both a bit of a traditionalist, and a graphics snob, when it comes to Statblocks - I like them to look clean and nice like they were pulled straight from a published book. To this end, I don't use the "Statblocks" feature of Realmworks as it is currently implemented. So what I've done is create a "Bestiary" section in my Mechanics Reference area of Realmworks, with a category dedicated to "Statblock Templates". Each of these "Statblock Templates" is simply a Topic with a multiline text snippet containing a Table which I've nicely formatted and coloured in the cels and borders to look like a Statblock from a published book of whatever system I'm running. Whenever I want to create a new monster/NPC/trap/etc. I simply make a copy of an empty "Statblock Template" of the appropriate type, and paste it into a Snippet within the Topic I've created for said Monster/NPC/Trap/etc. Then I fill in the table, and *voila* - shiny new statblock which I can link to (specifically, at present, I can only link the containing Topic), or copy elsewhere within my realm. Since each entry in the Bestiary is its own Topic, anything that doesn't fit into the appropriate Statblock Table can just go into its own snippet, including text, artwork, etc. Hope this was clear enough.

Last edited by JTenebrous; April 7th, 2014 at 06:44 AM.
JTenebrous is offline   #10 Reply With Quote