View Single Post
EightBitz

Old October 25th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
That is not how the Warlock class reads to me. At level 16 the Warlock can pick a single Conjuration ability from 1st to 16th level. They do not automatically get all those abilities like how a 16th level Wizard would get them all automatically.
No, no, no. I never meant to say they automatically get all those abilities. I tried to avoid saying that, and I apologize if I was unclear.

They get to choose two abilities (not two schools, but two abilities) at 1st level, one ability at 2nd level, and one ability every two levels after that.

The list of abilities that they get to choose from is the collective list from all the schools where each ability is equal to or lower than their caster level.

So at 1st level, I could choose Acid Dart and Summoner's Charm, and then I'm done for that level. Those both come from the Conjuration school, but I don't get all the abilities from that school, just those two that I picked.

At 2nd level, I can pick Versatile Evocation from the Abjuration school. Just that one ability, and I'm done with 2nd level. And so on ...
EightBitz is offline   #21 Reply With Quote