View Single Post
Azhrei

Old September 16th, 2021, 11:48 AM
I just opened HLC to check. I opened a wizard character (using the PF1e data set), went to the Wizard tab, then Spellbook, then edited an existing spellbook, and clicked on Add a Spell.

I now have a dialog where I can type text into the search field. So for grins, I typed in CL: 5 and nothing came up. That's because there are no spells with that text.

I looked at a particular spell and found that the components line had "Components V, S, M" so I typed in "components v" and the list of spells narrowed down to all spells that contain that text, ie. all spells with verbal components. I added ", S" and now only those with verbal and somatic were listed.

However, there's no way to search for spells with material components. I cannot enter "components m" since that string doesn't appear in the spells and so nothing matched (I tried it).

If HLC used a regular expression search instead plain text, then I could use "components .* m" and find it (I'm making assumptions about how the regex library would interpret the data). But HLC doesn't have any way to select certain fields, or to search for two strings with arbitrary text in between them.

Hope that helps.
Azhrei is offline   #8 Reply With Quote