View Single Post
Exmortis

Old May 24th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
I would suggest not phrasing it that way. LWD has moved away from using the term "cloud" in relation to Realm Works because people confuse the meaning.

Realm Works hosts a copy of your data on a remote server, which you or your players can sync to local storage using the Realm Works application. It is not a 'net -accessible file sharing service at all.

It also works that way because the licensing is different. A GM can install Realm Works on any number of machines, and sync the data from that remote server to that machine for use; HeroLab has a per-machine licensing scheme, which is quite different.
They have? Then why on the first page of their website is it called a "tier cloud service"?

I wasn't looking to start a semantics discussion. I was just referring to that I would love LWD to offer a service to Hero Lab, like they do for Realm Works, not "exactly" the same service. /jeez

Call it cloud, file sync or virtual ketchup, at the end of the day, clouds are just file repositories with some cool condiments baked in.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote