View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrantor View Post
Another thought of something I'd like. The ability to somewhat easily export a map into the common formats for VTT games. Since most of my prep will be in RealmWorks, I'd like to be able to take a map I've put in realmworks and somewhat easily get it into MapTools or some other program.
Realm Works will not include its own map creation tool initially. There are a number of reasonable tools available for creating maps today, so we're not attempting to re-invent that wheel in the initial release. You will instead import your maps into Realm Works and then utilize them appropriately, putting pins on them for assorted locations and what-not. The original map file can be stored within the Realm Works database so you can readily edit it to make changes on any computer. However, conversion to different VTT formats will require user involvement, just like it does today. Please note that this applies only to the *initial* release of Realm Works and is subject to change based on user feedback and requests.
rob is offline   #53 Reply With Quote