View Single Post
KiwiBlaze

Old November 29th, 2018, 07:52 PM
The way I was thinking of doing would be (if this works)
  1. Sector Name
    • Short review of its timeline, or at least its current ownerships
    • Short descriptors that would detail what is visible when looking at a system as a whole.
    • Using this as a building asset visual guide.
  2. Planet name for the sector
    • Much more details on a single planet as a whole thing.
    • Short city descriptors for this location
    • Using this full page as a guide.
  3. City/Town names for the planet
    • Planet details that change for this location
    • Using this as a guide, mostly the video.
  4. Battle grounds / Dungeons / Major Encounters
    • Details, creatures, and ownership details.
    • Ideas and concepts from here.

My idea, except for the last cluster (4), was to include data that can be obtained from this level of inspection. So at a distance of "System", you can tell this about a certain Solar System Body of Interest.

This short description wouldn't be the full contents of what that location is. When you move the focus to an Solar System Body, you get the full text, then you can tell things of this level, and see this Bodies locations or important areas. For example, Earth has these major cities, you can learn about this government style, you can learn about these cultures.

When you move closer still, and approach a location on/within that planet, you get to learn about other details that make planet information different to this location (eg if this planet is considered a "Water world" but this location is on dry land, explaining this difference).

Another idea I just now thought of is it possible to custom "Quick Access" panel on the side of the screen where "table of contents", "Containing Topic", "Relationships" are that I could filter to show this I want shown there?

I know Containing topics will show the next level of items here, but don't always need just that information for this learning process of mine. (And I know about relationships, but... that isn't filtered to what I want to show).
KiwiBlaze is offline   #10 Reply With Quote