View Single Post
TobyFox2002

Old October 3rd, 2017, 06:06 AM
NEXT UPDATE IN PROGRESS! YAY!

I am currently working on the next major update to my community content. There are some fairly large structural changes coming down the pipe. Most of which are taking up the majority of my time.

The primary change that you will see is a quality of life alteration on how the major races are displaced in the race/monster selection.

Humans, Elves, Half-Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Halflings Orcs. Since there are different variations within the various sources that are part of this update and there are some people who like to mix and match content as as much as I do. I am disabling ALL of the subraces. My files will exclusively use ONE RACE for each of the above listed major race.

Ethnicities will be used to select which subrace you desire to use. I will not be removing the race from my files so you shouldn't notice any problem with your existing files. But they will be given the HELPER.OBSOLETE tag so they cannot be selected. You can then select the race you wish and add the ethnicity to it. As for races that already have ethnicity options, such as humans... Well they may gain some new options.

The second major change will be with the FRCS REGION mechanic. I have recieved ALOT of complaints about how regions and traits work. I am REMOVING the FRCS REGION racial special. And replacing it with one that will allow you to choose a region directly from your BACKGROUND tab instead of having to go to the Traits and sort through the massively overbloated traits.

Nothing will change except that you will no longer need (nor be able) to manually add regional traits, as they will be hidden from the trait list.

Those are the two major updates that are on my agenda. They are taking up a massive amount of time because I want to minimize the impact to everyone around. I do not have any kind of ETA yet, and I will keep everyone up to date.

Eventually, when I have more of this functional I will post a ZIP file on drop box for anyone who wishes to test this out.

Happy Gaming!
TobyFox2002 is offline   #142 Reply With Quote