View Single Post
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRook View Post
I see with the new 3.5 release most of the archetypes from the books have been covered. As has been demonstrated, however, I'm a big fan of all the other stuff : the supporting characters, the background creatures and creeps, and of course the NPC's. I'm planning to keep entering all of these ancillary characters for each book, much like I've already done with the Core and Agents books, but since size is becoming a consideration, I'm wondering if I should just keep them to myself rather than submitting them.

As a possible compromise, is there a way to break up the updates so that the fixes and improvements are separate from the prefab portfolios, thereby making them an optional download, much like the Hero Images update operates now?
We recently optimized the Hero Lab save/load code to take up about 40% less space than they do - as a result, the Mutants & Masterminds import file dropped in size by several megabytes. It's currently only a 13mb download, which is much smaller than some of our other games.

We'd love to add the less important characters from each book, so please keep submitting them - even if you're one of the few unlucky people who doesn't have high speed internet these days, a < 15mb download once a month shouldn't be a problem for you.

Thanks!
Colen is offline   #32 Reply With Quote