View Single Post
Globetrotter

Old April 10th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
1. Having multiple weapons equipped at once is a critical requirement for characters that use two-weapon fighting. Have you tried using the "Quick Equip" button at the bottom of the screen?
The quick equip screen is helpful, but not easy to use. Let me try to illustrate, something I am terribly at... I click on quick equip, select the weapon I have equipped, select not equipped. Select the weapon I now want equipped, selected both hands. For me and my uncoordinated hands, that is about 6 seconds to change a weapon. This goes up longer if I am fighting Two-weapon because I have to either deselect two different weapons to select my bow, or god forbid I am changing to two other weapons for DR bypass. That goes up to 10-15 seconds of people at the table just watching me play a mini-game to find out what my bonuses are to hit.

Maybe a small time, but if I am doing it often, it gets irritating.

Quote:
2. Would it be OK if it always rolled damage, even if you missed or rolled a 1?
Yes. You could have the damage appear under the attack roll so it's not confusing. For crits, you can just roll again. It would be great if it took account for threat ranges and auto rolled, but that might be too difficult to pull off.

I think this is probably a minor thing since most people will just roll their dice anyway. Like I think i said earlier, I get a high amount of 20's rolling on the app than in real life. Maybe I am a terrible roller, but it seems to not be completely random.

Quote:
3. Can you tell me more about what sort of information you'd want to see here? Class abilities are already listed under the "All Special Abilities" button at the bottom of the screen, if that helps.
One thing I really like about hero lab is I can go to the class tab and select the attack button at the top and it will show my progression. Same with saves and abilities. I really love being able to see what I can do later, and sometimes people ask me. It would be great to have a class tap that mimicked this. Sometimes the GM asked me if I have a power, and I would like to be able to say, not until two levels later. I do have all the books on my ipad, so it's also not a big deal, but it was one of the first things I went looking for, lol.

Quote:
4. This is funny because incrementers used to work like this, but I switched to the spinning wheel view because it was a complete pain to adjust it by more than one. We probably need a button to go up one and a button to go down one, right?
Yes, a button would be great. I think there is enough space, you could through a - to the left and a + to the right.

Quote:
5. This would just be "reach of character" + "reach of weapon" for each weapon, right?
Right, so if I am using a long sword, under the weapon it would show 10' reach when enlarged. This is a nice reminder to new players who don't know or forget. I have a bunch at the table I play at.

Quote:
6. Any conditions are actually shown at the bottom of the screen right now, but it's not that visible. I'll try to find somewhere that's more prominent for this, I just don't want it being a huge thing, as many characters will have adjustments toggled semi-permanently.
Wow, I didn't even see that. The font is small and kind of hidden, like you said. Can you add the spell adjustments to this?

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback!
Thank you!!!
Globetrotter is offline   #17 Reply With Quote