View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 30th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBland View Post
this is a start, thanks.
Easiest way to script it would be to limit the choices by thingid I think. But you would have to get all the thingids.# tags for the spells based on elements. Otherwise you're going to get a list of spells that covers all spells if you just use the tag for level.

if you were doing a candidate field:

Code:
  ~for the cantrip
  field[usrCandid1].text = "component.Spell & sLevel.0 & (thingid.???? | thingid.????)"

~for the 1st level spell
  field[usrCandid2].text = "component.Spell & sLevel.1 & (thingid.???? | thingid.????)"
The | is an or statement, you'd use that between thing ids. This would limit the spell selection list specifically to the spells you gave a thingid tag for.

If they did spell output for spell attacks as weapons, I'd say you could limit your list by damage type tags, but I don't think spell attacks have a handy reference in these data files that outputs spell attacks as weapons or that prints out for the spell. At least not yet. Normally when I do the attacks in a Statblock I list all the attack spells as if they were weapons for ease of use at the table in my own DM notes.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; March 30th, 2018 at 08:28 PM.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote