View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 17th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
okay...a lil confused now. so after i removed the 3PP with manage third party addons, and did the sourcetree pull, i launch herolab now pointing at that alternate folder and get these errors:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.
So my bad if I was not very clear. But all other "Packs" are "built" upon the logic that is in the Basic Pack. But in GitHub I have the data files separated.

So you need to make sure you setup the "Basic Pack" also in it's own "fresh" folder in SourceTree. Then after you pull down the "latest" Basic files you have to open up the data folder and copy all the "COM_" files over to the folder holding the 3PP Pack.

I know this one step sucks but it really makes things easier to manage on my end. I am looking into a thing on GitHub about "shared" repository where SourceTree maybe able to keep the files from the Basic Pack merged in on its own but won't allow you to change any of the files from the Basic Pack. But I have not gotten this figured out yet.

Assuming "windows" environment as I don't know Macs. You end up with two folders:
C:\ProgramData\HeroLab\data\Pathfinder_Pack_Basic
and
C:\ProgramData\HeroLab\data\Pathfinder_Pack_3PP
So you copy the COM_*.* files from the Pathfinder_Pack_Basic folder to the Pathfinder_Pack_3PP folders. SourceTree is setup to Ignore the Basic Pack files so it will NOT ask you to push these files to GitHub.

So you need to "manually" copy over the latest Basic Files. For myself I setup in windows a short cut in the "Send To" feature so I can just highlight all the files and then "Send To" the 3PP Pack.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; February 17th, 2015 at 10:25 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #25 Reply With Quote